Walnut Springs March Madness Sweet Sixteen Questions--Theresa Sneed

From the Eastern bracket, comes the sensitive Theresa Sneed.




If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why?
The wise and beautiful Galadriel from Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, because she faced absolute dominion over all and chose to shrink into the background and allow others to make their own choices.  

If you could co-write a book with any author who would you co-write it with?
You didn't say if they were living or not, so if I could chose any co-author, it would be JRR Tolkien, but if it was limited to someone still living, I'd chose Steven King. 


The funny thing is that I'm not a horror writer or even a horror reader. I just think Steven King has a genius level of writing and would love to learn from him, plus he's a fellow-Mainer!

How many hours do you spend on writing a day? 
When I'm in the zone, which is more times than not, I spend between 8-10 hours of writing a day.

What advice would you give an aspiring writer?
If someone looks down on you as a writer, don't let them influence you. Later in life, they may turn out to be one of your greatest fans! My advice would be to never give up and to glean all you can from books, conferences, classes and other authors about the writing process. 

How have your personal experiences affected your writing? 


My writing tends to be highly influenced by my personal experiences. I write about angels, because I've had some pretty interesting experiences with the spirit world. Check them out at http://theresatalks.blogspot.com

How long did it take you to publish your first book after you started trying?
I haven't published the first book I wrote, Together At Last and Forever, but maybe someday I'll take it out and look it over. As I remember, it was pretty sappy. It's buried in a filing cabinet. I haven't published my second or third book either, but have revamped the second book, Sons of Elderberry and hope to have it published soon. No Angel is the fourth book that I've written. After writing it, it took about a year for me to find a publisher and to have it published. Earthbound is my second published book. It's the second in the No Angel series with a third book in the series coming out in May!

Is there a movie (gasp) that you prefer over the book version?
No - never.

Do you write in your PJ's?
No. Because, if I put my PJ's on that will make me way too comfortable to stay alert.

Do you use a laptop or a desktop for writing? 
Laptop - but I need a new one!

What is your favorite quotation? 
As man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

What is your favorite cereal? 
Raisin Bran. 

If you were a crayon what color would you be? 
Light Yellow - the color of the sun.

Do you prefer summer or winter? 
SUMMER!

What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? 
I want to publish multiple books!

The world would be a better place if . . .?
Christ ruled the world.

What is something you've always wanted to try? 
Parasailing ~ I think.

Speaking at a Greenfield Ward book club

Theresa with some of her favorite writing friends: Betsy Love, Aimee Morgan, Kari Pike

Theresa with Jenni James and Betsy Love

Signing with Betsy Love

Signing with Joan Sowards


At the Grand Canyon with friends

Elder Issac Sneed


Four generations of Sneeds


1 comment

  1. The place else may anybody get that type of info
    in such a perfect method of writing? I have a presentation subsequent
    week, and I am at the look for such information.
    cheap runescape gold
    WOW Gold Kaufen Billig

    ReplyDelete